Sunday, September 28, 2008

Miss Him But Life Goes On

I miss my Dad. Lost him 12 years ago; a little over a week before our youngest was born. Lost him in the present but he will always be in my heart and soul :-)

Was my father perfect ? No. And neither am I (obviously). He WAS a great influence however. He tought me more then I could ever imagine and I realize that more as each day goes by. I can only hope to be a little bit like him and that would be great.

He was a good provider and a fun/funny guy. I definitley get my sense of humor from him :-)

He was a veteran of World War II (Navy/gunner and radioman on a patrol/bomber in the Pacific theatre).

He was a Power Systems engineer at General Electric and worked for them his entire life. He was a knowledgable employe and mintored the younger engineers. He was a friend to all.

He was a good husband to my Mom and a good father to my sister and me.

He was great to my wife and he was a wonderful grandfather to our children.

As my father wasn't prefect and neither am I; we all have our pluses and minuses, he was my father. And I'm sure that holds true for your father. So be sure to take the time, while you can. to tell him something good he has imparted on you, something positive he taught you, something funny, etc. Life is short.

He died very unexpectedly but I took comfort in the fact that he knew I love him and that he loved me.

:-)

No comments: